The Wave V5 is developed for the better waveriding conditions like on Fuerte´s North Shore, Punta Preta, Baja, Chile, Cornwall, Klitmoller or Ireland. The Wave V5 has a unique shape which excels in bottom turning, it´s most outstanding feature is the sharp rails which gives it its trademark electric grip, preventing sideways slip (which is causing a loss of energy), giving precision, drive and fast reaction, the drawn out outline both helps to initiate the turn plus gives excellent control, the inverted V bottom shape with increased rocker in the rails giving drive, the smooth progressive rocker-line, the pre-twisted fins that have the least drag and help to initiate the turn all sum up to make a big difference. These features also make the Wave V5 the best shape for float n ride conditions. In fact in clean float n ride conditions is where you will notice differences in performance the most.
Often we hear comments how the board feels like it accelerates in the turn. Also in the top turn the grip of the rail provides for a powerful turn and the swept back fins with a profile that can handle big angles of attack before breaking out give full confidence to push as hard as you like, no holding back. Should you wish to let the tail break out in soft waves, this is still easy, look for a bit of foam or let the fins break out over the back of the wave.
These are full on high performance wave boards, tight turning and very grippy. They are designed to generate more speed on the wave then in flat water. For early planing just by wind power alone, the Chakra, Shaman or Haka ST are better choices.
In comparison to the V4, the V5 has become a bit narrower so you can choose a size bigger to have more float as cross-cross off conditions can be gusty.
• Parabolic rocker line, 100% smooth without flat spots, giving the best mix of planing, turning, windrange and a smooth foot steering response
• Wide stance, giving a higher performance.
• All straps are mounted with 4 screws to be completely twist proof.
• Short mast box, saving weight on box and reinforcements and giving less options to mount the mast foot wrong.
• Our unique tri fin system, giving less drag, better turning with more precision and versatility than any other fin system. See the trifin page: https://witchcraft.nu/boards/trifin/
• Hand painted graphics. Since Witchcraft boards are designed to last many more years, the nose, rails and bottom are deliberately left white for easy touching up.
• Short steps in sizing, allowing everyone to choose their perfect size(s).
• CAD designed and CNC shaped with a very high accuracy
• The whole range is basically the same shape scaled up or down with each step up catering a little more for lighter winds and bigger sailors and visa versa, each size smaller caters more for higher winds or smaller sailors. Through the range the characteristics remain the same so the least adaptation is needed when changing board size.
• Available constructions: SDT (Yellow deck graphics), CBC (Fluo green) and HDD (Fluo red)
• With 15 sizes from 63 to 117, the amount of models to choose from are unequalled, the bigger sizes are ideal for bigger riders but due to the energy efficiency are also ideal for float n ride conditions.
Since 2008, all the boards are being produced by our new, highly innovativ CAD/CAM production system. This allows us to step away from the model by year system, since any changes can be put through quickly without any further costs. We no longer have to wait till the new models are due NOR do we have to take hasty decisions if we would like to test a little longer……… Our CNC system does everything that can be done by CNC: Bottom, rail and deck shape, heel cushions are directly shaped with the deck shape, all reinforcements and inserts are done by CNC with an accuracy of 0.1mm. All board shapes are calculated to the liter and mm exact. We have the same system in our R&D centre and custom board factory on Fuerteventura as well as the production board factory in Sofia, Bulgaria, to make sure that all shapes come out as designed.
Slightly higher top speeds, old school lean back sailing.
Inverted V bottom shape
Responsiveness, control and drive
medium pin tail.
Good mix of early planing, tight turning, smoothest behaviour
Manoeuvrability, speed, early planing, control, total grip, acceleration through the turn.
Planing, control and manoeuverability
|Wave V5||Sideshore Wave|
|Model||Volume||length||width||Tailwidth OFO||construction||weight SDT||weight CBC||weight HDD||Pretwist CNC Fins G10 SDT||Pretwist CNC Fins G10 Pro||Sail range||SDT in €||CBC in €||HDD in €|
|Wave V5||110||2394||644||380||SDT/CBC/HDD||7.6||7.2||8.0||14,5+18.5||14.5+17.0||5.0- 6.5||2173||2391||2591|