The Wave V4 is our most dedicated wave board. It is fast, loose and grippy, you can make tight high speed turns maintaining full grip, chucking bucket loads of spray. Ideal for the better waveriding conditions like on Fuerte´s North Shore, Punta Preta, Baja, Chile, Cornwall, Klitmoller or Ireland. It is very energy efficient, an often heard remark is that it feels like it accelerates in the turn. This is due to the unique inverted V bottom shape with bevels in the shoulders and the sharp rails in the back half of the board. It was not easy to improve the Wave V3, which was in production pretty much unchanged for 6 years. Compared to the V3, the outline has been smoothened out with a slightly narrower tail with a small squash giving more control and speed. The rocker line and bottom shape has also been reworked slightly giving a smoother reaction to foot steering. The trade mark electric grip of the inverted V bottom shape combined with sharper rails in the back half of the board is still the same as with the V3. The inverted V is deepest below the front straps and going forward morphs into a bevelled bottom shape, creating nearly 2cm more rocker in the shoulders than in the centre. So when the board is kept flat, the straighter centre gives early planing and faster acceleration but when the board is banked over, the centre part comes out of the water, leaving the highly rockered rails to actively turn the front of the board into the turn with an immediate response.
These are full on high performance wave boards, tight turning and very grippy. They are designed to generate more speed on the wave then in flat water. For early planing just by wind power alone, the Chakra, Shaman or Haka are better choices.
• Parabolic rocker line, 100% smooth without flat spots, giving the best mix of planing, turning, windrange and a smooth foot steering response
• Wide stance, giving a higher performance.
• All straps are mounted with 4 screws to be completely twist proof.
• Short mast box, saving weight on box and reinforcements and giving less options to mount the mast foot wrong.
• Our unique tri fin system, giving less drag, better turning with more precision and versatility than any other fin system. See the trifin page: http://witchcraft.nu/boards/trifin/
• Hand painted graphics. Since Witchcraft boards are designed to last many more years, the nose, rails and bottom are left white for easy touching up.
• Short steps in sizing, allowing everyone to choose their perfect size(s). No point in having a big range if it is not where you need it.
• CAD designed and CNC shaped with a very high accuracy
• The whole range is basically the same shape scaled up or down with each step up catering a little more for lighter winds and bigger sailors and visa versa, each size smaller caters more for higher winds or smaller sailors. Through the range the characteristics remain the same so the least adaptation is needed when changing board size.
• Available constructions: SDT (Yellow deck graphics), CBC (Fluo green) and HDD (Fluo red)
• With 15 sizes from 63 to 117, the amount of models to choose from are unequalled, the bigger sizes are ideal for bigger riders but due to the energy efficiency are also ideal for float n ride conditions.
Since 2008, all the boards are being produced by our new, highly innovativ CAD/CAM production system. This allows us to step away from the model by year system, since any changes can be put through quickly without any further costs. We no longer have to wait till the new models are due NOR do we have to take hasty decisions if we would like to test a little longer……… Our CNC system does everything that can be done by CNC: Bottom, rail and deck shape, heel cushions are directly shaped with the deck shape, all reinforcements and inserts are done by CNC with an accuracy of 0.1mm. All board shapes are calculated to the liter and mm exact. We have the same system in our R&D centre and custom board factory on Fuerteventura as well as the production board factory in Sofia, Bulgaria, to make sure that all shapes come out as designed.
Slightly higher top speeds, old school lean back sailing.
Inverted V bottom shape
Responsiveness, control and drive
medium pin tail.
Good mix of early planing, tight turning, smoothest behaviour
Manoeuvrability, speed, early planing, control, total grip, acceleration through the turn.
Planing, control and manoeuverability
|Wave V4||Trifin Wave|
|Model||Volume||length||width||Tailwidth OFO||construction||weight SDT||weight CBC||weight HDD||Pretwist CNC Fins G10 SDT||Pretwist CNC Fins G10 Pro||Sail range||SDT in €||CBC in €||HDD in €|